Lucinda Childs is one of post-modern dance’s pre-eminent icons, and a founding member of the Judson Dance Theater. She also happens to be my aunt. We decided to work on a revival project of three solos that she choreographed and performed herself in the 1960’s at the Judson Dance Theater in New York: Pastime, Carnation and Museum Piece.
We revived these three solos to be as close as possible to the original versions, knowing that there are no film archives of her solos during the Judson period. Lucinda gave me very exact choreographic indications. She shared anecdotes and archives from that period. She then left me with room to explore my own way to perform these 3 solos.
With the exception of Carnation, these solos are quite unknown and have never been presented outside of the USA. This work of revival, handing-down and re-creation is essential because it allows a new generation of audiences to discover these historic pieces.
- 28–30.07.2020ImPulsTanz, Vienna (cancelled)
- 22.07.2020Bolzano Danza, Italy (cancelled)
- 23.02.2019Museo Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain
- 02.02.2019MAMAC, Nice, France
- 25.11.2018CoFestival, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 19.04.2018BIPOD, Beirut, Lebanon
- 16.12.2017AIEP, Milan, Italy
- 11.10.2017Charleroi Danse, Brussels, Belgium
- 29.09.2017Cialo/Umysl, Warsaw, Poland
- 07.08.2017Tanzwerkstatt Europa, Munich, Germany
- 29.06–01.07.2017Dance the Yard, Chilmark, USA
- 25.06.2017Extension Sauvage, Combourg, France
- 16.06.2017CCNT, Tours, France
- 07.05.2017MAMCO, Geneva, Switzerland (Museum Piece)
- 24.11.2016Tiw, Winterthur, Switzerland (Carnation)
- 27–30.09.2016CND/ Festival d’Automne, Paris, France
- 28–29.04.2016MOD, Marseille, France
- 04–07.02.2016ADC, Geneva, Switzerland
- 04.11.2015Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris, France (Avant-première)